Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all services rendered by Inteo VOF and its lawyers as of 14 September 2017, unless it was agreed otherwise in writing (last modification 14 September 2017: the payment term in Section 3 was modified. The terms applicable since 1 December 2017 have not otherwise been modified).
- Identification and code of conduct - Inteo VOF is the exclusive contracting party for all services provided by its lawyers. Inteo VOF is a partnership of lawyers registered with the Mechelen bar, part of the Orde van Vlaamse Balies. Its registered offices are located at B-2800 Mechelen (Belgium), Brusselsepoortstraat 6. The code of conduct that applies can be consulted online on the website of the Orde van Vlaamse Balies. Inteo VOF is registered with the Kruispuntbank van Ondernemingen (Belgian trade register) under number BE0668.865.379.
- Limitation of liability - The liability of Inteo VOF and its lawyers is limited to the effective amount covered and paid for by the collective insurance of the Orde van Vlaamse Balies. A copy of the terms of this insurance will be sent to you upon simple written request. For cases where the collective insurance of the Orde van Vlaamse Balies will not provide coverage, Inteo's liability is limited to (1) cases of gross negligence and intentional fault and (2) to the amount of fees invoiced by Inteo for services in the matter and in the month in which the event or action causing liability has occurred.
- Fees for professional services - Unless other arrangements were agreed upon in writing, fees for the services provided by Inteo VOF are calculated by multiplying the amount of hours by the applicable hourly rate. VAT (21%) applies. Invoices will be paid within 30 days of the invoice date. In the event of untimely payment, Inteo VOF is entitled to charge interests in accordance with the Act of 2 August 2002 and administrative fees of 100 EUR per reminder. Costs and expenses made in relation to matters will be charged to clients.
- Archiving and cloud services - Inteo and its lawyers use cloud services to store and keep documents and files. Clients accept the use of such services by Inteo and its lawyers, including for documents and files covered by professional privilege.
- Website content - The content of this website was prepared with the utmost of care. Images, except those on the people page, were made available under the Creative Commons Zero license. If you believe this is incorrect and you are the holder of the copyright in one of the images used, please notify us by e-mail so we can take action.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction - The relationship between Inteo VOF and its clients is governed by Belgian law. Disputes will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Mechelen commercial court (Rechtbank van Koophandel Antwerpen, Afdeling Mechelen).